Your Wedding at Old Government House
Imagine holding your most important celebration in the grand, sweeping elegance of Queensland’s most important historic building, Old Government House. This dream can now be your reality as the 150-year-old House has undergone an extensive refurbishment, restoring it to its former glory.
In the heart of Brisbane City and overlooking the Botanic Gardens, The House was the official residence of the Governors of Queensland up until 1910, and is the perfect location for the couple that values distinction.
Unique features of Old Government House:
- Traditional colonial architecture with sandstone walls and high columns
- Beautiful high ceilings and period features
- Stunning feature staircase
- Overhanging hand crafted crystal chandelier
- Original fireplaces
- Wrap around verandahs
- Grand piano in The Hall
- Stunning photo opportunities both inside and outside The House
- Interconnecting reception rooms
- Picturesque courtyard that can be used for cocktail receptions or pre-dinner drinks